There are so many exciting things to see and do in New York City that fitting them all in would probably take weeks if not several months. However, with a little careful planning and a lot of stamina, it is possible to enjoy a wide range of unforgettable experiences even within a short trip. Here are some of the main attractions that must be experienced by first time visitors to the city.
- Check out the Statue of Liberty and soak up the spectacular views of the world famous New York skyline.
- Take the time to simply stroll around the impressive Times Square with its enormous shops, cinemas, shops and all types of restaurants set in a sea of brightly glowing neon lights.
- Spend an evening at the theater. Broadway is perhaps the most famous theater district in the world and there is always a large selection of plays and other types of performances just waiting to be enjoyed.
- Take a ride on the historical Staten Island Ferry to take in unforgettable views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty.
- Learn all about New York City’s rich history by visiting the Museum of the City of New York, and checking out the wide range of different types of exhibits that can be found there.
- Unwind in style by exploring Central Park, which is located in the Manhattan district and hosts a small zoo and a wide range of other attractions.
- Take a stroll through Little Italy to get a feel of the cultural melting pot that New York truly is.
- Sample some of New York’s famous street food such as hot dogs, bear claws, bagels and a wide range of other types of tasty treats that are sold from carts at the side of the street for very low prices.